You may be more familiar with GREEN MANDARIN Essential Oil (Citrus nobilis) than you are with Red Mandarin, as GREEN MANDARIN is one of our newest Essential Oils offered year-round as a single oil.
Knowing how to use GREEN MANDARIN can help familiarize you with many of the uses of Red Mandarin. The benefits of the two oils are similar in many ways, but they do have a few key differences, too.
While both Red and GREEN MANDARIN Essential Oils come from the fruit of the Mandarin tree, GREEN MANDARIN is sourced from unripened fruit while Red Mandarin is sourced from ripened (more mature) fruit. As the fruit ripens, it contains more natural sugars, which is probably why GREEN MANDARIN does not smell as sweet as Red Mandarin.
Both types of Mandarin Essential Oil are mood uplifting and calming, purifying to the skin, and supportive of the digestive system.
When using GREEN MANDARIN topically, it’s advised to avoid sunlight and UV rays for 12 hours, due to precautions revolving around phototoxicity. However, watch for the next post that will reveal something surprising concerning sunlight and Red Mandarin Essential Oil.
GREEN MANDARIN USES
• Incorporate in your home as a food preservative.
• Dilute in a spray bottle to clean the surfaces of your kitchen.
• Incorporate into your oral hygiene routine to promote healthy-looking teeth.
• Take one to two drops internally to help support healthy immune function and response.*
• Diffuse with Basil, Sandalwood, Lavender, or Spearmint Essential Oil to experience the positive emotional benefits of these Essential Oils.
QUESTION – HAVE YOU EVER USED GREEN MANDARIN ESSENTIAL OIL?